I love setting goals, bet you didn’t know that about me! Anyways here is a list of goals I hope to accomplish in 2012. I already have my 25 for 25 but I figured I’d do a few New Year’s ones as well. On a side note, this is my final post for 2011 – number 111! It was too much of a coincidence not to be mentioned! haha
1. Run a half-marathon: There I finally said (wrote) it out loud. A half-marathon is no 5k or 10k, it requires a whole new level of commitment but I have done my research and think I am ready to take it on. Some people are able to jump into high mileage races, I prefer to be fully prepared. haha Now that I have conquered the 5K and 10K, next goal is 10 miles in July running the Tely 10 and a fall half-marathon is my major running goal for next year. Plus a few other races I am sure, first on my plan is a 5K in April.
2. Guest blog: I would love to be guest blogger on someone else’s blog.
3. Heal my IT band fully: It’s not 100% yet and it needs to be by April…I have been a slacker with my physio exercises so I need to get back at it!
4. Have a professional sneaker fitting: I am hoping this will help with number 3 and also prevent future injuries. This needs to be done soon as I am creeping close to the 500 mile mark on my current shoes.
5. PR in the 5k
6. Get my own blog domain that doesn’t end in .wordpress
7. Organize and clean out my office: I can’t even explain how badly this is needed. haha
8. Go meatless once a week: I don’t want to attach a day to this … as much as I love the idea of meatless Monday I know it won’t always happen on Monday and I like goals that I am able to accomplish. I plan to mostly accomplish this with the help of Mama Pea’s recipeas! This was a goal I actually stole from Runner’s World, I’ll never be a vegetarian but I can do it one a week!
9. Try a new fitness class: Haven’t decided which one yet. Suggestions?
10. Attend at least one professional development event
11. Run 1000 miles: I ran 429 miles since July in 2011 (when I started tracking) and because I am training for half 1000 should be easy as I need to complete at least 40 miles per week in 4 runs.
As this posts I am currently out enjoying a hopefully delicious meal at St. John’s highest ranked restaurant The Cellar, after that I will be spending the evening drinking champagne and watching the fireworks with friends and family. I sincerely hope that you have a wonderful New Year’s Eve. As for 2012? Bring it, I am ready to take you on! Picture below is last New Years!
What are you or did you do to celebrate New Years Eve?
What is your biggest goal for 2012?